Sunday, July 11, 2010

napa valley dream




(photos courtesy of Food and Wine Magazine August 2010)
I opened our latest issue of Food and Wine Magazine yesterday to find this lovely article and pictures from a place that I dream to live in someday. Brian and I absolutely love the Napa Valley in particular St. Helena. I can't believe we did not stumble upon this place on our last trip. It is probably a good thing that we didn't because I would have never left. I dream of owning a place like this someday. They grow their own produce here at Long Meadow Ranch
They also have vineyards, olive orchards (the oldest in Napa Valley planted in the 1870's), cattle, and they breed horses. They have their own restaurant in a restored barn right on the property. Nothing like getting back to the basics. What an amazing place.

No comments: