Sunday, November 30, 2008

thankful for all the little blessings in my life


as we stood in front of my dearly departed grandma's house with the famous turkey i began to think about all the things i have to be thankful for. one is my wonderful family. even though we are dysfunctional we are still functional and who is perfect anyway, or for that matter who would want perfect. life's little imperfections make us who we are and are what create some of the best memories. looking at this picture now i can't help but think how lucky i am to have this wonderful little boy in my arms who at first was not to sure about the turkey, but was definitely curious. i am so lucky to have that little turkey in the oven too, although he is not looking to be so little anymore by the size of my stomach in this picture. if my belly button was a turkey thermometer then this little turkey would be done. like my first little man he will want to stay in there for as long as he can until i tell him it is time to come out. i am thankful for everyday god gives me with my family and friends for each day is truly a treasure. i love my life and i love to wake up every morning to see what it is going to bring me next.

No comments: